Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Show log week 9.

23/6/15
I was off of college yesterday as I was really poorly and I still felt poorly today so I didn't do the tap recording for the show, Mary stood in for me. We then ran through all trios and duets and solos. As I didn't feel well Mary told me I was only allowed to go 20% and didn't make me do my solos so I only done the rock and roll piece. In the afternoon we done a full 'stamina' run of the running order.. This didn't go to plan as there was an incident with Amber and Millie where they injured themselves. After that everything went down hill, the atmosphere was awful and everyone was in a bad mood. I forgot part of my solo and most of the group dances. I'm really not looking forward to Friday as I'm feeling really unprepared and unhappy about it all. 

24/6/15

Today we done a complete dress run of the whole show just to make sure there wasn't any major faults or massive gaps within the different pieces. We sorted all of our clothes out and wrote on our running orders how we were having our hair for each one. This helped me loads because I was able to organise myself which means I won't stress and because I've done it once it's now familiar. All of my changes were okay, a few of them were quick but I was capable of doing them. I made sure that if some of the girls needed help I would help then put there clothes on or help with there shoes. I think the pieces were okay, I have to just polish my ending and then finish my street solo. Mary and Kelly took notes which will be fed back to us tomorrow morning. As soon as we finished the run through we started to sort out our finale number as Claire was there. We done it once and they weren't happy so we just sat down and sang and then got up and done it again. We clarified the moves and what our cues were. Then in the afternoon we finished contemporary and ran street once. I made a point of asking Tj to go over a certain bit with me as I always forget it. We've had to slightly alter the piece as amber is concussed so she won't know the piece in time for the show, which is okay because I'm her partner for it so it doesn't make a dramatic change to everyone. 

25/6/15 
Today we started by listening to notes given to us from yesterday's dress run then we completed a dress run again and I made sure I set everything out like last time so I didn't confuse myself. Today was the first day we had amber back in college since her being on holiday and her injury so it felt good to have her back and it made me not nervous at all for tomorrow. I think it definitely showed in most pieces that amber was back as all of the pieces started to look how they should and everyone felt good. I made sure I took on all of the notes given to me this morning aswell as I really want to do well in this unit and I want them to be able to see the clear difference after giving me feedback. The run through went loads better than yesterday and I'm not very excited. In the afternoon when smile came in we cleaned contemporary and ran street. Now both pieces are done I'm so excited for the show. However I was so nervous about my street solo so I spent the next hour with Emile learning and choreographing the last bit of my solo. We got it done straight away and I've never worked and sweated so hard in my life. I think the reason behind this is because I want to prove that even though I've only had a week and it's only been completed a day before the show I can do it. I want to prove that I've come along way since September and that in fact I can deal with the pressure and still do well. I made sure I recorded me and Emile doing the dance so I could go home tonight and recap it. 



These were my notes from the morning...

Contemp - face and emotion 
R&R - hands& head. Lift in the middle. Leggings???
Solo- ending? Face, get angry. Kelly liked it. Emotions. Nails
Ballet - high skirts at the front. Look over the leg. Ballerina walks, they were good. 
Acting - make up pretend. Plastic surgeons fine home, hold it stronger. Lose some lines 
Street- converses for everyone. My face. Know it attitude. Accessories 
MT- more. Tuck or tie. 
Street - finish what am I wearing?? 
Modern- drop to the floor??? 
Commercial - legs apart? 
Tap- nothing was said. 
Fan - just learn it and be confident


26/6/15 

Today I got into college and we all sat down and started to discuss what song we wanted to use for our finale piece. We tried thinking of songs that reminded us of the college and finally came to the conclusion that we were going to dance to lunch money lewis. We then went into the studio to start creating something it came really easy to us all to create something. Everyone was in such a good mood as it was show day. We then went over a few piece we were unsure of just marking them. I then went into the studio upstairs with Imogen to run my street solo as we had only just finished choreographing it the day before. We then showed Mary our finale piece and got our costumes into piles making sure we had everything we needed. I was so worried that I was going to forget something or break a costume before the show so I just left them in the pile from the day before because I made sure it was all there yesterday. We then loaded all of our stuff into the cars and made our way to comberton. When we got there I picked a corner of the room with lots of space and put the running order up Infront of me and started to put all of my costumes out. I found the best way to do it is by working my way from the bottom of the running order to the top. We then had a run through on stage not with costumes but with shoes just so we could get to grips with the flooring we were now dancing on. Everyone was really nervous at this point and I was surprisingly really calm and cool. I think I felt like this because in the run through I didn't mess up bad. I forgot my street solo but I didn't freak out. We then went to do our make up and then it was show time!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment