Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Show log week 6.

1/6/15
In ballet today we completed a floor bar making sure we were warmed up enough to start the dance. As soon as we were finished we ran the dance to see what we could remember. Everyone was okay until the last little bit as the timing confused people. I think the reason was simply just forgetting what we had previously done and what part of the music it went to. We then clarified the ending and ran it a few times. I asked Kelly to just go over a few bits and what the turn were as I was doing it but I was 100% sure exactly what it was I was suppose to be doing. We then showed Mary and she have us feedback. She said she really enjoyed it and she likes we just need to clean the timing up now. There is a certain bit in the ballet piece where I feel awkward and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but it may be because I don't know the choreography very well. We then had drama where my group started in the down stairs studio we
told Tierney what the staging is as she wasn't present in the previous lesson. We then ran it slowly with staging and scripts.After that  we went through the lines together, and then we tried to remember it all. We achieved the first page and a half without the scripts but I couldn't remember my line so I had to look. We then went in with Anna and we ran through it all twice. Once with scripts and a basic judgement of the staging, then without looking at scripts and Anna adjusting and altering things to make it look better.  I'm nervous about the drama piece because there are parts where we have to be very natural and laugh and I find it very difficult to do that without making it look fake. After that Anna said we had to be completely without scripts by next week and when we go into her we have to do it like a performance. Finally we went into the other studio and just went over our lines. In musical theatre today we done a quick warm up with Kelly leading it then we stretched ourselves out for two songs. Like we did in ballet we ran the piece to see what we could remember. I honestly couldn't remember much as it was so long along we had done it that I'd forgotten it. Kelly made us do it again as she said not everyone was putting in enough effort. Kelly then added on and finished the rest of the piece and then altered the beginning bit to be more astetically pleasing to the audience. I also in the lesson asked Kelly to just clarify the steps in the middle section of the dance as I was very confused on what leg we stepped on and if it was a ball change or a step. Once again Mary came up to watch us perform and said that it's good we just need to decide what we are wearing and clean it. I also need to go over the middle bit as I just can't get it to go in my head. In studio time today I decided that I am going to change my song and so I sat down with Zak and I let him listen to the songs I was thinking of using. I then asked Mary and she agreed to me changing my song and helped me pick one. I'm happier now that I have changed my song as I feel like I was just getting bored of the other one and so I lost the connection with it. I'm going to use the choreography I created and just alter it to this music now. I also made a rough idea on what I want to wear for it. We then had modern where like all the other lessons today we ran the dance to see what we could remember and then Kerry taught me the last little bit of choreography as I wasn't in the previous lesson. We ran the piece multiple times and then Kerry decided she didn't like a certain part so she slightly altered it. This isn't a problem for me as I'd just learnt it so I was able to adapt to it quickly. 
At the gym today I started to create some new choreography for my solo and I added in my old choreography to fit the tempo of this song. 

2/6/15
This morning we had rock and roll where we just ran it to see what we could remember. I personally couldn't remember the last bit as it was so long ago we done it. We then continued to add on more choreography. Before that we decided to take the lift out as we both couldn't do it so me and Tj will do it but later on in the dance. I personally have never done rock and roll before so I couldn't really help majorly with choreography but I have a rough idea. Today was really good as I had an idea and then everyone went with it and then the girls added on a classic rock and roll move and it looked really good. I also suggested we all say the word 'woo' out loud as I feel like it just needs to be said and will bring the dance even more alive. We have a total of about 50 seconds of choreography in total. We also had our song cut today. I then went into the studio with amber where we only had enough time to remind ourselves of the choreography and run it a few times. We didn't bother adding on anymore as we just watched some videos for inspiration as we both had a mental block. At 10 o'clock we done a run through of all solos and group dances we were choreographing ourselves. However, I didn't perform my solo as id only changed it yesterday and I didn't want to make myself look silly as I haven't got it all put together yet. I did perform my rock and roll piece and the street duet. For the rock and roll piece we discussed that we were going to wear leather, wet look high waisted leggings and a shirt tied up and for the street duet we are still unsure on what we could wear. Mary and Kelly said they are very impressed with the dances so far we just need to get ourselves into gear and finish them all. Mary has set a deadline for the pieces to be finished for next thursday. This does worry me a little bit as my solo is not finished and neither is the street duet, I'm not too worried about the rock and roll piece as we have a large amount of choreography already. We then went into commercial and ran the routine. For ever dance we have we are literally just running it to see either what we remember it how clean it is. Everyone was a bit unsure on the end of the piece but we went through it slowly and Kelly clarified bits and changed one step as she didn't like it. Kelly picked up on the fact that I wasn't pushing before I turned at the beginning so I was able to change that. I did once again ask Kelly to just clarify the end for me as I know what the dance is but I was just fluffing the moves. I like to be able to know the moves precisely so I can execute them correctly without having the fear of going wrong. We then ran it full out two or three times and then ran the Musial theatre piece. For the musical theatre piece we now have to wear heels which I am very uneasy about as I don't feel confident enough to be wearing heels. I really enjoy this dance but now I'm worried for it. We only ran it twice to make sure we could remember it. Mary changed things up this afternoon and we didn't stick to the timetable as she needed to work with the girls on their song and dance trio. In this time I went into the studio and started to choreograph my solo. I kept getting swallowed by the music and forgetting what I was doing because there are so many different beats and accents. Therefore, I sat down and wrote down exactly what times the music slightly changes tempo or there is a dramatic change in the beat. I then wrote down key moves or references to phrases I know I want in there but I'm not sure where and I started to locate them to certain parts of the song. I work better by writing down what the timing is as I find that easier for remembering it. We then had 45 minutes to do our duet. Mary cut our music for us today so amber and I listened to it and then started to create some more choreography. We both kept coming up with ideas but we weren't sure on them so we would do it to see and if we liked it we'd use it. I feel like we worked really well together because we kept bouncing off of each others ideas and for instance we both had moves we liked so we combined them to make it work. We then got Millie to record it for us. Overall today I feel like it's been really successful in the amount that has been done and I'm looking forward to getting everything done. 

3/6/15
This morning we started the day with  a warm up then we went into musical theatre which I was really worried about. This was going to be the first time we all done the dance in heels. We marked it first in heels just so we could get a feel of it and then we ran it properly. I generally thought it was going to be worse than what it actually was, I think I just worried myself. We then went through the dance breaking it down bit by bit clarifying the moves precisely and then re running it from the beginning to whatever point we were currently at to make sure it was clean and up to the standard it should be. I finally got the step that has been bugging me all this time and I'm able to do that bit confidently now. Kelly altered a few things to make it look better but I picked them up quite well. I'm glad that we went though the piece like we did because it helps me get it in my head properly and I can now give it 100% every time we perform it as I know exactly what the moves are. We then performed it once full out to Mary and Kerry to which we then discussed costumes. I'm struggling to think of something to wear for this piece as I don't have anything of that genre, but I'm sure I'll find something. We then had some time to go over the street duet. We both had brain block and couldn't think of any new choreography to begin with but we finally added on a count of 8 and clarified our piece. We then ran the piece just stood there and I asked amber if we could try something else formation wise as I think it'll look better. We tried it and we've stuck with it because it looks better being behind one another than to the side of eachother. For the first 20-25 minutes of singing we started to look at and learn our finale song/piece for the show. I had never heard of the song before so I made that known to Claire to which she then put the video of it on. To begin with I wasn't keen on the song at all but towards the end of the lesson I actually started to like it. We began by learning the female section at the beginning and then we all learnt Zak's first verse and sang it with him. The second time round we all sang the first line of the verse and then we all went quiet and Zak song it all on his own. We were all so happy that he'd done that and I think it was after hearing Zak sing on his own it made us all feel excited and buzzed for the show. I think I felt like this because it's something I'd never done before! In the afternoon we had street, to begin with I asked Emile to just clarify what sections we actually have that make up the piece as I feel like there are so many. We started of by going over bang bang as not everyone knows that and then we went into truffle butter and then into trini dem girls. I really wish that we would have had the whole same blocked today so we could clean it next week but there are a few members of the group who have been absent so we had to re-teach choreography. I'm glad that emile had to re-teach the pieces as it helps me to know what the moves are exactly so I begin to execute them more. Before the end of class Emile asked what other section we wanted to go over so I said peanut butter as I thought it would be beneficial to make sure we all have it in our heads still. 

4/6/15
Today we started to off by doing some fan work for our finale piece. I haven't worked with fans before so I was glad we were getting used to them first before we started putting anything together for the finale. I struggled to begin with about how I should be holding them but I asked Kelly and she said there is a fan specifically for the left or right so they both drop the same way. Once we done that Kelly started choreographing the finale. We started a piece and then Kelly completely scrapped it and decided to use stalls instead. I definitely prefer the second piece of choreography to the first one. We learnt the dance for the women's bit and then Zak's first two verses I think it is. I absolutely loved dancing with the fans once I got how to hold them and I really learnt how to make my fan work instead of the fans over taking me. We also recorded it aswell. I'm really excited for the finale as the choreography created today was really good and even though we didn't sing I don't feel bothered by it. We then had contemporary where we recapped the piece and Emile had to slightly alter Tj and Tierneys section. As there are four different things going on at once it's taking a long time to get through everything. We added on a little bit more choreography today but not a lot. We mainly spent time cleaning what we have and clarify counts as it didn't add up to begin with. The contemporary piece is starting to stress me out a little bit as we have three weeks left until the show now and we haven't finished it and because it's such an intricate piece it'll look awful if it's rushed. We looked today though and we have 1 minute 30.

No comments:

Post a Comment