Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Show log week 7.

8/6/15
Today we started with the ballet piece, we recapped and clarified certain bits of the dance. In drama we speed ran our script a few times but we couldn't quite get the last bit of it in our brains. We went into perform to Anna. We got it wrong and Anna wasn't very happy with us because we shouldn't be going wrong at this stage. She said we needed to Intention the script and get to feel our characters a lot more. We had to go learn it all, then go back into Anna and show her once more. I really took Annas corrections seriously because I want to do well within this drama piece because it's funny and I enjoy drama. I think it's just confidence that's dragging my group down. We then done half of the lesson musical theatre and half the finale fan piece. Within the musical theatre part of the lesson I was absolutely fine and generally just enjoyed myself and the piece. The fan piece isn't my favourite piece of the show but I think it's different because of the fans of course. I made sure I asked Kelly what way we had to hold our fans because nothing will stress me out more than holding one fan the wrong way. The fan piece was also made harder as this was the first time we had ran it in heels. There was a section where we sat on the chairs and Kelly said I needed to point my foot as it didn't look good. I didn't realise I wasn't pointing it as I had heels on and I've never really danced in them before. Then we had studio time to sort out our solos. My solo has stressed me out from the beginning as I get bored of a song and choreography and I want to change it. I've definitely learnt that I need to just pick an idea and stick with it. In the afternoon my group ran the tap piece because I needed to get it into my head. Whenever we have spare time I always ask to go over it as I've picked up the choreography late and it's not my strongest area of speciality. We then ran the modern piece a few times just to recap and refresh ourselves. Then the other tap group came down the stairs and asked if we could show eachother our tap pieces. I was extremely nervous about this because I feel like I'm the worst person in the college for tap but after performing it made me feel alittle more confident and filled me with alot more positivity. I love the other tap number it makes me feel excited and it grabs my attention. I think it's going to look really good in the show because we have two contrasting tap pieces.

9/6/15
Today was spent trying to finish things of and polish them. We were able to finish the rock and roll piece which was such a great moment. We worked as a team to make sure we had it completed and finished for today because we all have other dances that need more work on them so getting this done and out of the way is a big weight lifter. There is just a tiny section in the middle with me and Tj that needs to be sorted out but we can do that easily. Tj suggested that we try the double cartwheel to which I agreed as I also really wanted to do it. We could do it so we put it in. We then attempted to get the street duet done. This piece is stressing me out as amber goes on holiday soon and we still have no choreography. I feel as though sometimes when one of us is stuck we both are. I think had time to get my solo done. I had a complete melt down to Zak so I helped him do part of his solo just to take my mind off of mine. I think decided it was best for me to go back to my original song and choreography just for getting it all done in times sake. Even though I don't really like it I want to have it all done so I don't stress out on the night of the show or within the next two weeks. 

10/6/15
Run through I done nearly all my pieces ( Contemp, solo, rock and roll, drama, street, musical theatre). The feedback for rock and roll was that we needed more energy and out spacing was an issue. We need to stay close to one another for it to look effective and just smile and enjoy it. For drama we needed to be way more confident and louder. When then had singing where we were learning and sorting out the so g for the finale piece. In Street started to put it all together but not with the music as it hasn't been mixed properly yet. We went over previous parts so that everyone knew them and then we sorted out certain formations. In contemporary we  learnt more choreography which is a good sign because I really want this number to be finished. 

11/6/15 
This morning instead of doing tap like normal we done modern with the other girls as we have learnt the dance separately so we have to do it all together now. Some of the girls have done the piece all together before but I wasn't there so it was a first for me. We ran it once and Kerry said she absolutely hated it and and made us do it again. We done it again and she said that that was better we just needed to put more effort in and actually perform it. We just needed to clean it and adjust things. We then had some studio time and within this time me and Tj decided to try and find some lifts to put in the little space we have in rock and roll. We spent the whole time experimenting and trying new and different things but we still weren't happy so I think we have agreed on just doing some partnered footwork and changing of hands instead. We started Emile's lesson with going over the contemporary piece once or twice and then we went straight into street. The aim of today was to get both finished but instead we concentrated on the street piece and we set it all apart from the beginning bit as Emile hadn't had the mix long enough to listen to it and be happy with what he had choreographed for us. We broke it down and went over the different sections whilst Emile was setting formations and positions. We then ran it a few times and then we went upstairs and recorded it. I'm feeling slightly more positive about the street piece now as we are nearly finished and there is enough time for us to do that without stressing. However, I am extremely worried about the contemporary number as we have 2 weeks left and I'm not great at the piece and I don't remember it very well. 
Stressed out helped Zak and done old solo. 

On the Friday I went to the gym and on e agai. Ran everything I took more time to run the rock and roll and tap piece today as I'm concerned about them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment